Saturday, November 16, 2013

Plain Jane.... Plain Andie

Who is plain Jane? And what is plain Jane. Plain Jane is the term to describe a woman who is simple, somewhat insignificant, her persona does not say much and she blends well amongst people. Blends so well that you can't really tell she is there. I am more like plain Andie. No, I do not have low self-esteem, nor I am putting myself down.

I call myself plain Andie, because there is not much especial about me. I don't have hypnotizing eyes, breath taking smile nor charming personality. I am average looking, unfortunately my most attractive body feature is behind me. My eyes are small and don't say much, I have perfect teeth according to the dentist but I don' t smile much. After having a conversation with me no one is going to be fascinated because my accent is so strong that is disturbing. I tend to be loud when speaking so, I am annoying at times. I do have an indoor voice but after I get comfortable I forget. When a man first looks at me it's like ok
She is.... Oh yea a girl! Nothing else. I am not exotic, I am short, I am thick (not fat). My personality is very strong, I am determine and very independent. I am a food nerd and food is what I cared about the most, so if a guy does not speak food we have a small problem.

Going back to my strong English accent. Not only do I speak horrible English, my grammar sucks balls! I have lived my whole life in the United States, I also have dyslexia. The only proof reading that I do is spell check. I am not an idiot. I read the New York Times every day(almost) just to know what happens in the world. Watching the news makes me depressed. I know a lot about history, culture and religion. I also have an intense knowledge of wine and liquor. Because I enjoy reading about it, but I am still plain Andie. None of these things makes me different then the rest of the women in the world. Oh and I often play dumb just to hear people speak of subjects I know a lot about or just because I don't feel like sharing my knowledge with that person. For some strange reason I enjoy when people think that I am not so smart, then in the moment when they less expect it I outsmart them. ( :-P)

Question?

What makes you so unique and different? Me? Blah! Of course, we all are different and unique in our own way. Every person has their own world, even knowing that we all live on planet earth.

I am going to take this back to relationships. I am the queen of singles, I rather be alone than in bad company. As I have said before I don't need someone to complete me because I complete myself. I just need someone to accompany me.

How does plain Jane find her dream guy? 9 out of 10 she wont. She will just settle for the best match. So here is my scenario. I work at x restaurant and one of the owners is like heaven sent, the man is beautiful, ( you can't base it on looks but he is hot) smart, successful, a vibrant voice and a look that makes you want to run to him and do dirty things. He is all that and I am on the other side melting inside each time I see him. I been working there for a bit over a year and this man has NEVER asked or has heard my name. And he has no need nor intention on finding out. He has said hi to me about 3 or 4 times and that's that. Why? Because I don't call his attention at all. I am simple, plain and boring looking. I am not saying to speak to me to flirt or because I awake any curiosity in him. Is just that I am not appealing. Do I make myself clear? Is like being in class for a full semester sitting two rows down to this really some interesting looking guy, he does not have to be hot for you to like him, he can just be charming. And maybe a year down the road you meet him again at your current work place a he tells you he does not remember meeting you ever! Ouch! That hurts but is just that he never care to notice you because there was nothing intriguing about you.

So here are the 3 types of men Plain Jane's end up with.

1. The looser: the man who a woman must be a babysitter to. By babysitter I mean you will be the one asking him did you eat? Did you shower? Did you pay the parking ticket? Did you walk the dod? Did you brush your teeth? Etc... Not only must you aak him to accomplish task, you must accomplish some for him. You must be after him for every move. He is constantly broke, expecting for you to resolve all his problems. Wants to be cool in front of the bro's, wear name brand clothing, drive your car like is his and expend your money. At times he can even verbally abuse you to make you feel less and that he is better than you. Why take all this? Because, you don't think that you deserve better.

2. The playboy: the charming guy who dates 10 women at a time. Tells you all that you want to hear. All the pretty, must amazing things. You walk on cloud nine. He is with you but also cheats. You allow because he always says sorry, he is the perfect man to walk around with. Good looking, smart and hot. But no good!

3. The nerd: out of all the 3 the best option lol. Plain Jane will end up married to a nerd who makes over $100,000 a yr. Will give you the nice house, car and yearly family vacations. And I think is safe to say that 8 out of 10 will end up with this nerd because is the best option. I know a few girls who end it up with "the nerd" not because of love but because it was the best man to be with. I don't agree with that, but to each is own.


I will continue to be plain Andie and in the search of real love. Even if is the nerd, love is a two way street. Only love if you are loved. To love alone is to dwell on loneliness. Muah!


Xoxo,

Plain Andie(lol)



















No comments:

Post a Comment